Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Math Box Freebie for the New Year

My family just wrapped up our last Christmas party this afternoon and now I'm looking forward to the next chance to get together with friends for a fun evening.  Next up...New Year's Eve.  I'm still working on my party outfit. (I found a fab skirt at The Loft.  Cute right?)  But, I still have some work to do on top.  Anyway...
Thinking of the New Year also turned my attention to my school sweeties and what we will be doing  when we return from break.
In math we will be focusing on number comparisons and learning about the greater than and less than signs.  I created a New Year's themed math box activity to help students practice this skill.
We play Yes/No Way (a Whole Brain Teaching activity) all the time in class.  I put this activity to work for this math box.  Students will sort the cards according to if they show a correct number sentence or not.
Click on the picture below if you would like your FREE copy of this activity.

I hope you like it.  The clipart is from Scrappin Doodles.  If you have any questions or comments please let me know.  
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!?!?! I'm A. Monroe! AND I go by Ms. Monroe, too.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I love your blog design.
    (Love the skirt!)
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!
    I popped over to check out your blog and we've also been teaching about the same number of years and I started out in fourth grade as well.
    Thanks for the encouraging words and have a nice break.

    ReplyDelete