Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day!

I almost can't believe it.  We have had our first snow of the season.  I live in the south and the past couple of winters have been  very  d i s a p p o i n t i n g  on the snow front.  Last weekend we were in the 70's.  I wore shorts and t-shirts on my runs.  I even said to D, something about not getting any snow again this year.  But today . . . real snow!
I'm most excited for  A  and my sweet first graders.  They have had so little exposure to snow.  Whenever we read about it, talk about it, or try to write about it, it seems so distant and foreign.  Our snow drought finally ended this afternoon.
After dinner our little family went on a walk and  A  was beside herself.  She played a bit of snow soccer in the front yard and thankfully got some use out of the snow boots I bought last year that she was never able to use.
So YAY for snow! and YAY for snow soccer! and YAY for things happening when you've kind of lost hope that they would!
Have a fab Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment