Saturday, February 16, 2013

Good Bye Cupid, Hello Mr. President (FREE Presidents' Day Activities)

I don't know about you, but last week was crazy  b u s y.  Lots going on at school and at home.  We wrapped up our crazy week with a little Valentine's Day party for A and some of her little friends.


They played games, made a craft, and had a great time.  They were so cute and I was so tired.

After a week like this, I could use a long weekend, but oh no.  We are not out for Presidents' Day and I'm trying not to whine.
But on the bright side, I do have more time to fit in some fun Presidential activities.  I wanted to share a couple of reading/language arts activities I'll be using with my class next week.
First is a writing craftivity.  I plan on having my students write some facts about George Washington or maybe give them a different prompt (I'm still thinking).

If you would like a FREE pattern for this activity click on the picture.


My sweeties will also be working with a Presidential Word sort.  There are three sorting mats and eighteen word cards, as well as a recording sheet.  The clip art is from kpmdoodles.  

If you want a FREE copy of this activity, just click on the picture below.
I hope you can use one or both of these in your class.  If you have a question about either activity, please email me.  
Have a great rest of your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Cute craftivity! Just what I was needing to start our biographies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete