Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Fooling: An April Fool's Day FREEBIE and My Two Truths Reveal

Since Easter is in March, I thought we might need a fun little craftivity for display in April.  I decided to go with April Fool's Day.  Every teachers' favorite holiday.  R i g h t ?  I made this craftivity to try to channel some of that first grade April Fool's Day energy in a positive way.

Click on one of the samples below if you would like a FREE copy of this pattern.

The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.  As far as the recording sheets there is a spelling practice page option and a writing option.  I plan on using the writing assignment this year.  The students will write about an April Fool's Day prank they have pulled on someone else or a prank they have been the victim of.
Just in case my sweet students are limited as far as their April Fool's Day prank experiences, yours truly has a pinned prank planned that is perfect for a first grade class.
Behold, The Brown E's . . .
All you have to do is die cut some upper case and lower case E's out of brown construction paper.  Place them in a baking pan and cover them with aluminum foil and you have your April Fools Day prank all ready to go.  This pic above is from a Lesson Plan SOS post.
In addition to the writing and the pranking, I'm also using April Fool, Phyllis! by Susanna Leonard Hill.  This story follows Phyllis after she predicts a blizzard on April 1st, a prediction no one believes.  The story is really fun and the illustrations are lovely.


Since we are on the subject of April Fool's and tricks, it is time to reveal my two truths and my lie from Latoya Reed's Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party. 
Mine were:
1.  I am pretty good at carving pumpkins.  I came in second place at the state fair this year for my entry.
2.  I teach group fitness classes.  I have been an instructor for just shy of twenty years.
3.  My front porch is a minor celebrity right now.  It is featured on a local television commercial.

My two truths are numbers 2 and 3.  
I started teaching group fitness classes when I was a freshman in college.  Next year, it will be twenty years of instructing.  (Please don't do the math.)
My porch is on a local bank commercial.  Our porch is only shown for about 15-20 seconds of the commercial, but our spot took hours to shoot.
My lie (of course) is number 1.
I would love to be able to do some artful pumpkin carving, but I must admit I usually lose interest by the time we get to the carving portion.  So, I usually stay simple. 

Thanks to those of you that stopped by and made a guess.  I'm looking forward to seeing more reveals this weekend.  
Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment