Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fiesta Fun: Enjoy a Cinco de Mayo FREEBIE

I'm mid week reviewing for next week's SAT-10 test.  As my kiddos make their final push before the big test, I'm looking forward to happier days.  Cinco de Mayo is the next holiday on the calendar.  This year May 5th is on Sunday, but that is not going to stop me from working a little Cinco de Mayo fun into my first grade class.
For math we'll be reviewing using a Cinco de Mayo math mini book (that you can have by clicking on the picture below).  This mini book reviews calendar skills, time, graphing, double digit addition/subtraction, fractions, and more.  The clip art if from Scrappin Doodles.


Here are a couple of books I'll be using for read aloud:  Cinco de Mouse-O! by Judy Cox and Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds.


Both of these books are really fun and provide jumping off points for some discussion of Cinco de Mayo traditions and some Mexican traditions.
For some more Cinco de Mayo ideas check out Pinterest (as if I even need to tell you that).  I have found several cute craftivities that I think the kids will love.
Suggestions . . . let me know.

7 comments:

  1. You are welcome.
    May (and the end of school) will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cinco de Mayo freebie; thank you! Our kiddos will enjoy it and it looks like it is right on track with what we are teaching!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the booklet. Small will have fun doing this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Do you still have this resource available?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.
      Sorry for the delay. I updated this resource and apparently forgot to link it through this post.
      You should be able to download this mini book now.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Amber

      Delete