Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Daily Five: Getting Started

Yesterday was the last day with students for this school year.  I spent most of today cleaning my classroom and packing up a few things to take home.  Summer break is on.
While many of you are not on break yet, you will be soon.  If you are like me, summer is a perfect time for planning for the next school year.  If you are thinking about using The Daily Five in your class next school year, I want to share five tips for getting started.
 
Most of the work with The Daily Five is on the front end.  Your organization before hand and training your students during the first weeks of school are really important to the success of using this literacy structure in your class.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Best.

5 comments:

  1. I love your D5 tips and suggestions! I want to order the book bins you have because I love the idea of handles on the sides!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post- we have some teachers who have already begun using Daily 5 at our school, but not everyone- these tips will help get others going! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Aylin

    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tips! I am planning on implementing in my K class for the Fall. IKEA has cardboard magazine boxes @ 5 for $2.00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading the book now and prepping for August with first graders. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love all of your ideas!!!!! I've been wanting to try the daily five and now feel I think I can do it. I've ordered the book and now will start to get my centers ready....thanks soooo much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete