Saturday, August 31, 2013

Labor Day Learning: A FREE Math Mini Book

Hi all.  I hope you are staying cool.  Most of the summer was rainy for us.  Now that we are back in school, the sun has decided to make up for lost time.  It has been hot, hot, hot.
We are out of school on Monday for Labor Day.  With all of the back to school craziness that has been going on, I am super happy about an extra day this weekend.  When I get back to school on Tuesday, I plan on doing a little word problem work with my firsties.
We have been back in session for about a month and there is still a lot of hand holding whenever students have to do word problems.  But, consistently working on them a little bit at a time, will pay off later in the year.
Below is the word problem mini book we will be using, Labor Day Learning.  Click on the picture if you would like to have a FREE copy of this activity.
This mini book includes work with addition concepts, time to the hour, pattern making, tally marks, and subtraction.
I hope you can get some use out of this little booklet.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the variety of methods of solving problems you included in this booklet. THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So cute and it covers such great math topics. Thanks!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I love how this covers so many math skills and different occupations.
    Tammy
    The Space Coast Teacher

    ReplyDelete