Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sub Planning: Say It With Pictures

I don't know about you, but I hate making sub plans.  It usually takes me hours to be ready to gone for a day.  There have been many mornings that I have been at school at 5:30 a.m. trying to put together plans after waking up with a stomach virus.  Two words . . . the worst.
I decided to try a new (for me) approach this year, putting together a sub binder that includes pictures.  It was my hopes that this binder might be able to simplify planning for a substitute.

Here is what I came up with:

Here are some tips for putting together a substitute binder with pictures:

I used my iphone and powerpoint to put the pages together.  I do not recommend doing this project if you are trying to get ready for a sub tomorrow, you will need some time on the font end.  But in the long run, you will save yourself a lot of time and stress by creating a binder like this one.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I will have to add that to my list of things to do. I'm sure that any sub that walked into your room would be so grateful to have such a comprehensive notebook to guide their day. Hope you're enjoying your Spring Break!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete